Thursday, December 18, 2008

One semester down... seven to go!

Well, life is going to be back to normal for a while now (see: 3 weeks). I successfully wrapped up my first semester of grad school last night. Now it's time to actually get some things done at home and enjoy the Christmas season with my wife and my family. There a slew of 'to do's' at home and Melissa and I did not get our annual Christmas card out (does it still count if people receive a card around New Year's? We may have to start a new tradition). Anyway, definitely looking forward to a little R&R.

School turned out to actually be really fun. The time commitment makes life busy and time management becomes extremely important. The material has been interesting and the conversations in class are stimulating. My class is pretty small as well (33 people) so I have gotten the chance to know most well on a personal level. People also come from a diverse set of backgrounds so it's interesting to see people's views on things. Below is a pic taken by our professor during our last class... I think we are having fun.


During the time off between semesters I plan to do some reading for fun, see friends I haven't had the chance to see and of course on New Year's day we are headed to Puerto Vallarta for eight days. We planned it back in early August and with school done now I can finally begin to think about hanging out on the beach and having some fun!

No comments:

CU Buffs