Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Planning

In life, sometimes it helps to try and plan things out. You meticulously walk through scenarios, make assessments as to what you will do in each situation and try to the best of your ability to prepare for all outcomes. Expecting a child is definitely no different.

We were expecting this week to be a possible early delivery week as "Baby Lee's" due date was this upcoming Saturday, April 26th. Around week 34-36 it was evident that he/she may need to come early via a planned Cesarean. Regardless, we still had some planning we could do and believed we were prepared for most anything.

We also spent a reasonable amount of time discussing on who would come to stay with us and help Melissa when the baby was born. I envisioned my life as running to-and-from the airport shuttling the many house guests and helpers that would be constantly in our home, helping Melissa and I.

As it turns out, you cannot count on or expect things to turn out the way you plan. Life always seems to throw you the proverbial curve ball. You need to adjust in life and go with the ever changing daily ebb and flow. I believe we are doing just that.

As one of my professors so profoundly stated to me when I told him I'd be missing class due to the unexpected birth of our son "Delighted to hear your wife and son are doing well. No matter how much we plan, the expected seems to be the norm. We are fortunate that medical science has advanced so far." (I think he meant unexpected. Still not sure where this was going)

Here are some updated photos of Dylan! (we'll post more photos with Melissa next time - I promise!)


Waking up on 4.14

Sleeping on 4.18


After feeding with Dad 4.18


Feeding last Saturday - 4.18


A lazy Sunday morning

No comments:

CU Buffs