Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ding Ding Ding...

...Another weigh in for Dylan.

This short week of work and school has turned into a crazy-busy week, so I feel like there is almost too much going on and conversely a lot to catch up on.
Dylan had his 8-week doctor appointment on Wednesday morning. He weighed in at 9 pounds 0.5 ounces, 21 inches!! Considering he was born at 4 pounds 0.5 ounces just 8 weeks ago, this is a big accomplishment for him and makes us feel good. He's still small versus the charts for an 8 week old but none of that percentile junk really means much at this point anyway.

It is crazy to think I know people who have newborns that came out this size... but whatever, we received an "early gift" and he is growing so big and so fast! We are very excited about his progress.

The actual shots and medication he received were not all that fun and he has been really grouchy for the last 24-36 hours but seems to be doing much better tonight. I guess I need to get Melissa to chime in on this because I was at work Wednesday afternoon, slept in the basement last night because I wasn't feeling very well and I was at work and school today from 7:30-9:30... perhaps this gives me reason to have Melissa start chiming in on Dylan and our life on this blog. I'll see what I can do about that.

Dylan also attended his first graduation party last Friday night as our good friend Alison graduated from CU's Med School. As one party-goer stated "I'm proud to say I'm friends with a doctor!", we echo that sentiment. Congratulations Alison!

Lots more going on that I'll have to get to later... Keep on truckin' in the meantime.

1 comment:

Jeff and Kerry said...

Totally ditto what you said about the percentile stuff - I have a friend who CONSTANTLY talks about her twins' percentiles, and it drives me CRAZY. Who cares! As long as they are happy and healthy, that stuff shouldn't matter. I like how you think of Dylan as "an early gift" - that's how we think of Max and Wes, too. =) Great pics!

CU Buffs