Saturday, May 23, 2009

Ready for the big Nuggets game tonight!

For the first time in a long, I'm not in the minority as a huge Nuggets fan. With the team stomping New Orleans and Dallas in reaching the Western Conference Finals for the first time in 20+ years, Melissa and I have been having a blast watching this team grow! The entire city is now firmly behind them as well. It creates a pretty fun buzz around town.

We are REALLY excited about Game 3 tonight in Denver. Dylan and Dad are already sporting their Nuggets gear for the big game tonight.

When we were in the hospital for two weeks the only TV that I would watch were the Nuggets games as they made a strong late season push to win their division.

I've been "able" to stay up late watching games the past two months as the Nuggets games have became the time when I fed Dylan (when he was bottle feeding early on) or when he and I got to hang out on the couch and get a good snuggle in.

Game 1 against the Lakers was a great game and the Nuggets made too many mistakes in the last 90 seconds of the game before bowing to LA. Carmelo Anthony's play showed me the team was ready to win this series.

For Game 2, I had class and missed all but the last 5 minutes of the game. I called Melissa as I left class and she was INTENSELY into the game - as she has been really into the Nuggets herself for the past two months. Melissa's first comment to me (paraphrasing) was "This is a great game! However I think Kobe has the look on his face like he's going to kill someone and Melo just has this big, confident smile!"

As a semi-interesting side fact: the Nuggets are UNDEFEATED when playing at home since Dylan was born 8 weeks ago. I kind of think that makes him their good luck charm. Here's to the Nuggets winning tonight!





2 comments:

Matt said...

Nice post, I'm watching game 4 while reading it. During Cade's first couple of months he needed to eat every three hours because he was so early. I took the late feedings because I love my son so much and because the Olympics in China were on in the middle of the night. :) Sports bringing dads and sons together....nice. Go Nuggs!

Jeff and Kerry said...

Good GOD, he's getting cuter every day! Great pics! I was wondering if they made onesies small enough for our little ones - we may just have to get some for Max and Wes, too!

CU Buffs